Thursday, March 13, 2008

anything less is a placebo.

"Patient:
For so long i trailed you
Now here i am, but i can't stand
With these Jellybones

Checked myself into emergency, urgently.
Drove up in my bone-camarrow, thinking only about you.
The doctor walked her crew of surgeons to the table where I lay
I came to, and my knee-caps were off.
They were soft, I had Jellybones

Doctor:
I woke him up and broke the news
After everything was sewn
I said: "Son, you've got a full-blown case
Of what is known as Jellybones."

Jelly Jelly Jelly Jelly Jelly Jelly Jelly Jelly
Jellybones.

this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive. this is love so we'll survive."

(the unicorns)


there is no danger in this. i won't let there be. there's a difference between loving and needing.

my emotions will not become sacrificial.

my space, the scenes, and people, art and madness that i love, will not be devoured by something bottomless.

this will not define me more than any other facet of my time and desires. my independence will be aligned with my integrity- on the no trade post. i'm not some lost lamb; clinging, crying, desperate and desolate- that's not me, that's never been me. i don't need a hand held and i'll hold myself to this.

so it's going good, but good can go. there's not much poetry in this sort of spine. this is the is the understanding we've always needed, but the truth my mentality of romanticism rejected.

dishonesty can never truly be in the vein of hope. to have faith, is to be brave enough to be honest. to live without fear of rejection. to know acceptance for what is more that your good, but what you are whole, is love...anything less is a placebo.

No comments: